if politics behind Ecija killings
Director General Ricardo
Marquez of the Philippine National
Police directed the Nueva Ecija
Provincial Police Office to see if
politics was behind the recent killings
in the province.
Marquez met with provincial
police officials last March 11, calling
their attention to their dismissal of
the recent killings as non-political
even without the support of evidence.
Marquez was referring to
the murders of Cabanatuan barangay
chairs Roger Pascual of Camp Tinio and
Cesar Baltazar of General Luna, and that
of another barangay chief in Cabiao
early this year.
The cases have yet to be
files administrative raps against 11
The National Food Authority
(NFA) filed last March 15 administrative
charges with preventive suspension
against 11 personnel of its Nueva Ecija
The charges were filed
after an investigating panel completed
its investigation on an anomaly
discovered by the NFA regional office in
November last year involving the
purchase of substandard palay.at regular
An NFA statement said the
violations committed by the 11 employees
were grave misconduct, dishonesty, gross
neglect of duty, falsification of
official documents and conduct
prejudicial to the best interests of the
A full-dress investigation
to determine the possible participation
of other NFA employees and outsiders
could lead to the filing of criminal
NFA Administrator Renan
Dalisay said he was saddened that the
scam happened during his term.
He said he hopes the filing
of administrative charges against the 11
employees would serve as warning to the
agency's procurerment teams around the
country especially with the approach of
the summer harvest procurement season.
for loose guns
A total of 39 persons were
arrested and 70 unlicensed firearms of
different calibers and 1,200 bullets
were seized in various police raids in
the province last March 9.
Chief Supt. Rudy Lacadin,
Central Luzon police director, said some
of the firearms seized were caliber .45
revolvers, automatic assault rifles,
carbine and shot guns.
He said the raid was based
on 123 search warrants issued by various
courts and served by the Nueva Ecija
provincial police and Criminal Detection
Lacadin said the raids
aimed to prevent violence in the coming
elections, with the province under the
watch list of the police and the
Commission on Elections. ###
CIDG seizes 5
firearms, bullets in Ecija raids
The Criminal Investigation
and Detection Group-3 (CIDG-3)
confiscated three pistols, two long
firearms and several bullets in raids in
various parts of Nueva Ecija last March
Sr. Supt. Benjamin Silo,
Jr., CIDG-3 director, said the
implemented several search warrants.
In Barangay Malapit, San
Isidro, operatives arrested Antonio
Mendoza, 69, for possession of a Colt
caliber .45 pistol loaded with seven
bullets, and a Ruger Blackhawk Elite
In Barangay Santa Rita,
Cabiao, Jesus Juachon, 64 was arrested
after yielding an Akkar 12-gauge shotgun
and 324 bullets.
In Barangay Pinagpanaan,
Talavera, operatives confiscated an
Armscor caliber .45 pistol and 23
bullets and a Smith and Wesson caliber
.38 revolver and 22 bullets.
The arrested suspects face
charges of violation of Republic Act
Arsonists raid 5 Star
Eight unidentified armed
men entered the garage of Five Star Bus
Company along Emilio Vergara Highway in
Barangay Santa Arcadia, Cabanatuan City
and tried to burn four buses parked
Totally destroyed in the
March 4 raid was an unserviceable bus
Sr Supt. Manuel Cornel,
provincial police director, said the
three other buses were saved because of
the fast response of Cabanatuan
City firefighters who were alerted by a
patrolling police car.
Supt. Joselito Villarosa,
Jr. city police chief, said the suspects
entered the compound at 7:00 P.M.,
splashed gasoline on the four buses and
then set them afire before escaping
aboard a white van.
The police said they are
still determining if the arson attack
was the work of New People's Army
barangay councilor's house strafed
Two men riding a motorcycle
in tandem strafed the house of a
barangay councilman in Gapan City last
Supt. Nelson Aganon, city
police chief, said a concerned citizen
reported that the house of Barangay
Kagawad Eduardo Bactol, 49, of Barangay
Pambuan, was fired upon repeatedly at
Bactol and his wife were
sleeping inside the house when awakened
by the successive gunfire.
Bactol peered through the
window and saw the two suspects escaping
aboard a motorcycle.
Neighbors said the two
suspects were of medium build, 5'8" to
5'9" in height and wearing helmets,
black jackets and denim pants. They
escaped in the direction of Peņaranda.
Recovered from the scene
were four caliber .45 cartridges and
Police teams conducted a
follow-up operation but failed to arrest
any suspect. ###
jewelry trader gunned down
An unidentified man shot
dead a 62-year old jewelry trader in
Cabanatuan City last March 10.
The victim was identified
as Simfrosa Buse, a native of Baguio
City and living at 1033 Rizal Street,
Barangay Rizdeliz, Cabanatuan.City.
Buse was walking home with
her niece after attending a Zumba
session when shot in the head with
a caliber .45 pistol near the corner
of Sanciagco and del Pilar
Her companion was grazed in
the shoulder but managed to run away.
Police have yet to identify
the killers and the motive for the
shot dead in San Leonardo
A 43-yer old electronics
repairman driving his motorcycle was
shot dead by unidentified car-riding
suspects before midnight last March 6 in
The victim was Louie
Adriano, married, of Barangay Tabuating.
He was shot repeatedly in the back by
the suspects along the Maharlika Highway
SPO2 Antonio Olanda, case
investigator, said the incident was
first reported as a vehicular accident
until the responding policemen learned
that it was a murder incident.
Investigators are looking
into the trading of illegal drugs as the
possible motive. Several shabu
paraphernalia were discovered by the
police in the victim's house. ###
Cabanatuan cybersex den
Anti-crime operatives of
the Philippine National Police (PNP)
arrested 27 persons in a raid on an
alleged cybersex den in Cabanatuan City.
Sr. Supt. Guillermo Lorenzo
Eleazar, PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)
chief, said raided at around 12:30 A.M.
last March 2 was the TLS Synergy Group
at 31 Melencio Ext., Kapitan Pepe
Subdivision, Barangay San Josef Sur.
The raid happened two days
after the ACG smashed a syndicate based
in Manila that catered to Western
TLS Synergy, ostensibly an
online marketing firm, was run by
principal suspect Florencio Holgado,
subject of a search warrant issued by
Judge Richard Paradeza of the Olongapo
City Regional Court Branch 72.
Eleazar said those arrested
included seven women chatting with
clients while showing videos of females
performing simulated sex.
He said there was reason to
believe that the suspects' activities
could lead to "sextortion".
He said an online chatter
would encourage a prospective victim to
take part in a video chat often
conducted through Skype. The chatter
would show a simulated video of a naked
woman and entice the victim to go naked
on camera. The chatter then records the
live video on the computer and would
later blackmail the victim by
threatening to send the recorded video
to the victim's Facebook friends if he
does not give in to the chatter's demand
Eleazar said the chatters
were hired by Holgado and trained to
look for potential victims in internet
dating sites, social media, blogs and
pornographic sites. ###
wanted person arrested
Nueva Ecija's most wanted
criminal involved in carnapping with
homicide was arrested by the San Jose
City police last March 8.
Supt. Nolie Asuncion, city
police chief, identified the suspect as
Mark Anthony Himeda, 22, of St. Cecilia
Village, Barangay Abar First.
He was arrested by the
local police and elements of the Highway
Patrol Group (HPG) in his hideout at
about 8:30 A.M.
The arrest was backed by a
warrant for carnapping with homicide
with no bail recommended, issued by
Judge Cynthia Martinez-Florendo of the
San Jose City Regional Trial Court
The HPG identified the
suspect as the province's most wanted
brothers killed in highway accident
Two brothers were killed
when the tricycle they were riding was
bumped by a car at the corner of
Maharlika Highway and General Luna,
Cabanatuan City last March 14.
The victims were identified
as Nestor Emata Reyes, 53, and his elder
brother Francisco, 63, both residents of
Purok Sitio Boundary, Barangay
Caaliibangbangan, Cabanatuan City.
Police investigators said
the accident happened at 12:35 A.M. when
the victims' tricycle was rammed by a
car driven by BJ Allen de Guzman Bendoy,
25, of Purok 2, Barangay Bakod Bayan,
Cabanatuan City. ###
victimized by 'budol'budol' gang
An 82 year old widow lost
more than P100,000 in cash and jewelry
to suspected members of a 'budol-budol'
gang in Cabanatuan last March 14.
Supt. Joselito Villarosa,
Jr. identified the victim as Lucila
Santarina of Ireneville Subdivision,
Barangay San Isidro, Cabanatuan City.
The suspects, composed of
two men and two women, met the victim at
Savemore Amigo Store along Melencio
Street and pretended to be her
relatives. They offered to deliver her
Once in the victim's house,
they were able to take away her jewelry,
two cell phones, a Samsung tablet, a BPI
ATM card and P2,000 in cash.
The suspects were later
able to withdraw P90,000 using the
victim's ATM card. ###
stabbed by customer who refused to
A waiter was stabbed and
wounded after running after a man who
failed to pay for three bottles of beer
at a videoke bar last March 13.
The victim, who suffered
two stab wounds, was identified as Arjay
Cruz, single, of Barangay Rajal Sur and
waiter of Single Ladies Restobar in
Barangay San Josef.
The suspect, on the other
hand, was Danny Galiudo, 22, welder, of
Barangay Balincanaway, Tarlac City.
showed that the suspect and a co-worker,
both drunk, arrived at the bar at 8:30
P.M. and ordered beer.
given the bill, the suspect hurriedly
left with the victim running after him.
cornered, the suspect pulled out a knife
and stabbed the victim twice in the body
was rushed to Dr. Paulino J.Garcia
Memorial Research and Medical Center in
Cabanatuan City. ###